How to get tickets
- From this web site by clicking one of the concerts listed to the right, and then clicking the “Add to Cart” button. You can use a credit or debit card or a PayPal account to buy tickets from the website.
- During intermission at Old Sloop Coffeehouse performances. Old Sloop Coffeehouse accepts cash, checks, credit cards, and debit cards.
- At John Tarr Store: 49 Main Street, Rockport, Massachusetts (call 978-546-6524 or visit the website). John Tarr Store accepts cash and checks for Old Sloop Coffeehouse tickets.
- At The Bookstore of Gloucester: 61 Main Street, Gloucester, Massachusetts (call 978-281-4874 or visit the website). The Bookstore accepts cash and checks for Old Sloop Coffeehouse tickets.
- During coffee hour after the worship service at the First Congregational Church on the Sunday before the concert. You can use cash, checks, or a credit or debit card
Please note that all advance tickets are full price.
Advance ticket sales end at around 3:00PM on the day of the concert. This allows us time to collect unsold tickets, prepare the will-call list, and get ready for the show.
Unless the concert sells out in advance, tickets may also be purchased at the door on the day of the show, beginning 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the concert. To help you decide whether to come to the church to try to buy tickets on the day of the show, the number of tickets in stock is shown on the concert page above the “add to cart” button. On the day of the show, you can also find out whether tickets are available by calling the coffeehouse at 978-309-9667.
Unless the concert sells out in advance, Old Sloop Coffeehouse requests a donation at the door and posts a “suggested contribution” that is is a few dollars more than the advance ticket price (to encourage patrons to buy tickets in advance). For most concerts, there are also discounted suggested contributions for those age 65 and older, for those under age 18, and for families. For this purpose, Old Sloop Coffeehouse defines a family as one or both members of an adult couple and their dependent children under age 18. Each concert page lists the full ticket price and any available discounted suggested contributions. These prices are suggested contributions – no one will be turned away for an inability to pay the full suggested contribution or to pay anything at all. But Old Sloop Coffeehouse cannot admit more people to sold-out concerts.
Please note that discounted tickets are available only at the door and only if the concert has not already sold out! To help you decide whether to buy a full-price ticket in advance or to wait for a discounted ticket (and risk a sellout), the number of tickets in stock is shown on the concert page above the “add to cart” button. You can also find the number of available tickets by calling the coffeehouse at 978-309-9667.
All online advance tickets are “will call”. The purchaser’s name will be on a list at the door. You may be asked for identification. If you want to be extra cautious, print the receipt that is shown when you complete your purchase or the email that is sent shortly thereafter and bring it with you to the concert.
You will receive a physical ticket if you purchase tickets at the Old Sloop Coffeehouse box office, at John Tarr Store, at The Bookstore, or at the church.
All advance ticket sales are final. If a concert is cancelled, Old Sloop Coffeehouse will issue a refund. If you purchased a ticket online, the refund will be applied to your credit card. If you hold a physical ticket for a cancelled concert, you may present it at another Old Sloop Coffeehouse concert for a refund. Alternatively, you may contact Old Sloop Coffeehouse by sending email to email@example.com or calling 978-309-9667 to arrange for a refund. Neither John Tarr Store nor The Bookstore will issue refunds.
Old Sloop Coffeehouse online credit card payments employ a secure connection to a web site hosted by PayPal, a leading internet payment service which is used by thousands of online merchants. This secure system will accept your credit card information and complete the transaction. Old Sloop Coffeehouse personnel never see your credit card number. PayPal adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Personal Information Privacy
Massachusetts has one of the strongest personal information privacy laws in the United States. Your name, address, and email address will be sent to Old Sloop Coffeehouse when you purchase tickets online. We will use this information only to validate your admission to the concert and to notify you in the unlikely event that the concert is postponed or canceled. We will not allow anyone else to access your information, and we will not use your information after the concert without your explicit permission. If you would like to add your email address to the Old Sloop Coffeehouse email distribution list, click here.
If you experience problems or have questions, please contact Old Sloop Coffeehouse by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 978-309-9667.